Saturday 28 September 2013

Family Meal Plan Friday: Easy-peasy


The one good thing about Hubs being out of town is that it means I don't HAVE to cook unless I want to do so. With it being just Bryleigh and me, it seems a little pointless to cook a full meal, so we usually will have very simple fair like baked chicken breasts and steamed veggies. 

Today, however, we're heading to a neighboring state to spend the weekend with my family, and I know that we'll probably get back too late to hit the grocery store for a full week's worth of shopping after driving home and dropping the dogs off Sunday afternoon/evening. Therefore, I have a very loose plan in my head for next week, but nothing like my normal fare.

Sunday: Grab-and-go soup from the grocery store
Monday: Shrimp cakes from the fresh fishery at the grocery store, organic boxed mac and cheese, and steamed cauliflower with garlic-lemon-pepper seasoning.
Tuesday: Dinner with the girls at my sister-in-law's house, while Uncle Neal takes Bryleigh on a date
Wednesday: Chicken Kelsidillas (recipe coming soon)
Thursday: Farmers' Market fresh pizza
Friday: Mommy/daughter date on the Square

No comments :

Post a Comment